A small bus journey

It was one rainy morning and i had to travel back to my place that was 30 km away. I was thinking how to go and made my mind for booking a cab, there one of my friend who was travelling half way suggested me that he will drop me to a bus stop on midway and half of the journey i could travel from bus to save some bucks as the cab charges were too high at that time.

  I agreed to go with him and we reached to bus stop after waiting for few minutes i got the bus to my place, But i did not have any cash that day (Digital money only :p). I thought that i will ask someone to pay and i will transfer via Paytm or any online method of payment and did not even ask to my friend for cash and  boarded  the bus.

Before the Bus conductor could have reached  me to ask for ticket where to go?
I started searching for people who could use Paytm or any other online method of payment but to my surprise what i found  there was no one in the Bus who would be using any.
I saw bus full of very old people or the school going student or the workers who looked very simple unknowing these things even.

And then the Bus conductor came to me and asked "kaha janaa hai ?" (Where you want to go?)

I requested him Uncle I don't have cash but I can pay you via Paytm or any other online payment method you say, but he said no you cant you have to pay cash only to buy ticket, I even asked him that ok no issues i will tell one of my friend to bring cash at my stop you give me ticket now still he refused and said  aise nahi chalta (It won't work..) and i didn't have any other option.... Sad me :-(

Now just to try my luck I started asking people in bus if they use any online payment method so i can pay them and they can give cash to me , I even asked school kids as well they must be from some government schools but there was no one using any of those. I was sad and hopeless at the same time what to do, whether to get down on next stop then how will I go home?
so many questions were going on in my mind.....

And then a school going boy from a group asked me "Didi aapko kaha jana hai?"(where you want to go?)  and "Ticket kitne ka hoga?" (How much the ticket will cost?)  as I was also not sure about the ticket price I said 20-25 Rs. hoga..

and to my surprise he took out one 100 Rs note folded one (it was like he had kept it very safely) and offered me saying "didi aap lelo ticket..." (Sister you buy ticket)..
This reminded me my childhood as those were the days when these 50-100 Rs notes were too much for me and I also used to keep it very safely. :-D

I felt so relaxed, went to conductor and bought the ticket to my place it costed just 15 Rs. while I was getting the remaining cash back from conductor the Bus stopped , it was just the stop where He and his group of friends had to get down.I asked the boy "How can I pay you back, you can give me your number or ..." But he said " nahi didi nahi lagta" (Its ok, no need to pay)...

and the group got down from Bus, I came to my seat again saw outside from window and there was smile on my face and theirs as well.... We waved each other a good Bye !!

Bus moved towards my destination, I was lost in thoughts of that kind small little boy, thinking may be someday we will meet again and I may get a chance to help him in a much better way when he is in need... :-)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By mistake the comment was removed from my side

      Delete
  2. Wow.. I remember that day u called me and told this..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😁😁 I do that with many of my closed ones

      Delete
  3. ha ha.. good and bad experience at the same time.. learn from ur mistakes... thoda cash rakh lena ab se.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes lesson learnt 😜, actually I had changed my bad that day and forgot to keep cash

      Delete
    2. chal koi gal ni.. mitti pa

      Delete
  4. Realized this - " if you are good, you will always get surrounded with good people and you will always get good experiences"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

19th November A day to remember for all Men

When you Feel it from heart you need no Vision

Fuel wali ladki